- How To Treat Blisters And Itches Naturally
- The Best Survival Weapon…Ever?
- Stay Clean, Stay Healthy, SURVIVE
- What Is The Real “Startup Cost” of Living Off Grid
- The Real Science Behind A Gunfight
- “Need To Know” Rules When Picking Edible & Medicinal Plants
- 16 Creature Comforts For When You Need To Hunker Down
- 101 “Oddball Items” To Stock Before TSHTF
- Strike Master, Strikes Again
- One More Reason To Keep Purell On Hand
Sneaky Medical Trick To Remove A Stuck Ring
One of the most common injuries in the world is a hand injury.
In normal, day to day situations, a broken finger, gash, cut, or sprain to your hand is frustrating…
(I know, I have a tendency to mangle my hands on a weekly basis… and the scars to prove it!)
But in a survival situation, the condition of your hands and feet can be the deciding factor between surviving and not.
And if you wear a wedding ring… things can go from bad to worse very quickly.
As your finger swells the ring cuts off circulation and if you don’t get the ring off fast, you could lose a finger.
My buddy Nick from prepcabin.com sent me this video that he ran across.
It shows a very interesting and effective way to remove a ring from a swollen finger.
Check it out below.
From Nick :
“Every now and then a ring gets stuck on my finger and it’s pretty scary. I live about 20 minutes from an ER but I also don’t want it cut off.
A trick I’ve used for years is soap or another lubricant to slip the ring off but it can still be very painful to remove the ring, and can damage the tissues of your finger. And if swelling is too bad it doesn’t work at all!
I came across this video on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you now.”
Editors Note: I want to thank Nick for this video. Getting a ring stuck is a big fear of mine and I hadn’t seen this trick done before.
Do you know of any other tips or tricks like this, that you think others should know about?
Leave a comment and let us know!