- A Primer on Propane for The Practical Prepper-Part II
- Strike Master, Strikes Again
- One More Reason To Keep Purell On Hand
- Bon Appetit: Dinner With A Tune
- 5 Good Reasons to be (Un)prepared?
- Food, Fire, Filter: 3 Out Of 4 Ain’t bad!
- Prepper Time Capsule: Wisconsin Family Finds Fallout Shelter Hidden In Their Backyard
- Can Your Machete Hack it?
- One Year In Hell…
- After The Basics and Before You Need It
7 apps that will guide you through a disaster
Commentary: This short list contains several apps that can help you out in an emergency ( provided you have battery power to run it) as well as some ideas that can help to entertain you during a blackout. Below are the apps that I have on my personal phone
1. SAS survival lite ( has a quiz that helps you test your preparedness
2. survival guide ( digital version of the F.M. 21.76 survival manual)
3. ZS prepare ( zombie survival app that has a google location finder that will point out all of the nearest gas stations, grocery stores, pawn shops etc
How do you use technology to your advantage?
Hurricane Sandy could bring flooding and power outages if it touches down in D.C. (NASA) You’ve hoarded bread, water and toilet paper in preparation for Hurricane Sandy, but the modern emergency kit isn’t complete without a well-stocked smartphone. Along with the Capital Weather Gang , whom you can follow on Twitter , these seven apps can help you track the weather, pass the time and even find a shelter in case of the worst. Just make sure to charge your phone before Sandy hits D.C. on Sunday night. Hurricane Tracker ($1.99, iPhone): Anything and everything you’d want to know [...]